AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently framing my theater, It is open to a lounge/Bar area at the rear. I can't exactly isolate it since the laundry area is accessed through the theater. Attached is a rough sketch of the layout. I was thinking of placing the sub to the rear right of the second row seating, just behind the riser, or would it be better to place the sub up front? I need to decide now since I will be running wiring in the next day or 2.

Also, as far as lighting, i am planning on a couple wall sconces, and I will have indirect valance lighting which will be for effect and probably provide no useable light to the room. Would placing sconces up front of my laundry area door be too close to the screen? Or will this matter since they will usually be off when viewing. What about ceiling pots, are they needed or would 4 sconces provide sufficient lighting?

Any help or ideas will be appreciated as I would hate to overlook something, or do something stupid :)
http://216.26.161.101/www/sledbc/ima...er/theater.gif

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would really appreciate some help on sub layout, even some links would help.

Thanks

·
Registered
914 Posts
Have you considered putting the HT in the other room (labeled Lounge Area)?

Seems somewhat better suited for the HT (e.g. access to both front wall and back walls, no need for laundry room access, wider, etc...)

--curtis

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did, but you would still need to walk through to get to the laundry area, half of the ceiling is at 6-8" height from ductwork and it is only 2" wider.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I know nothing about Subs except the audio guys at work always like to get them into a corner.

The sconces will be plenty of light depending on the wall color (the darker your walls the more light you need)

I recommend You drop 4 or so Pinhole downlights into the ceiling. That way you can have some task (aka find the remote) lighting that wont cause glare onto the screen if you do want to watch with a little bit of light on. it also adds to that theater look.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not sure what pinhole lights are, any links? Or do you mean potlights?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Try lightolier And look at in the downlighting section. I have never heard the term pothole lights but I expect we are taking about similar things. There are many kinds of downlights. Pinhole down lights have a very small apature, which will help you keep light off your screen. You can probably find some thing by Halo at home depo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.