AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know where else to post this...

For the last two or three days the layout of AVS forums has been screwed up on Linux/Firefox 2.0. Is anyone else having this problem? The layout is fine on Windows/Firefox 2.0. The problem appears on both the 64 and 32 bit Linux versions of Firefox. I have checked the Java and Firefox installations. Everything seems to be OK and AVS is the only website I appear to have trouble with.

Any suggestions appreciated!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been playing with privoxy and tor but they are both disabled. I have no script and adblock installed but I disabled both of them also, thought an update may have been causing the problem.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java 1.5. I guess the next thing is to uninstall and reinstall Firefox from scratch. This is really strange!?!?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Did you accidentally right click and change the text direction?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and that still didn't clear the problem. I renamed the .Mozilla directory and let it start up from scratch. That cleared the problem so I imported my cookies and bookmarks. I am assuming that one of the plugins caused the problem. I will reinstall them from scratch and check the operation.

Anyway, problem solved!!!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I had a problem a week or two ago where for whatever reason a single forum here wanted me to DL the php file instead of it executing on the server. No clue what was up there. I tried emtying the cache and such but had no luck. Eventually it fixed itself. This was only on a single one of my Linux boxes. The other ones were just fine.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter /forum/post/0

I had a problem a week or two ago where for whatever reason a single forum here wanted me to DL the php file instead of it executing on the server. No clue what was up there. I tried emtying the cache and such but had no luck. Eventually it fixed itself. This was only on a single one of my Linux boxes. The other ones were just fine.

I saw something similar that also fixed itself. In my case, it was a .RMP file that wanted to open in Totem rather than download!?!?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.