AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of having my HTPC in the front room, so I picked a nearby closet - 20ft of cable- to put it in. I first tried a 12m piece of hdmi signal didn't get there. It would show the everything, but after the windows splash screen nothing and the TV would say looking for signal. I talked to some people and they told me that the gt 220 graphics card in my htpc didn't put that much voltage out on the hdmi. I decided to run HDMI over ethernet. the first adapter I got was unpowered, I got no signal at all. I figured that maybe the voltage wasn't enough to go through the ethernet either. I got a powered HDMI over ethernet and I though it was going to work, and it does to a point. I can see the POST screen, the splash screen, but after that no signal. Should I replace the video card? with what?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Try lowering the refresh and resolution first.

I have the monoprice hdmi to dual Ethernet non-powered. I had to use a powered hdmi splitter to boost the signal from the card (ati 5000 something, lowest end one). Probably about 50 feet of Ethernet.

Anyhow, I was getting the same issues until I tried a lower resolution. It then worked. The Max I can go is 1080p 24hz. I get a black screen with 60hz. So it's not bad.

I thought adding another powered hdmi booster on the other end before going into the receiver to see if I could get 60hz, but I mostly use the hdmi connection for audio than video. So I left it as it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts