AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mitsubishi XD430U projector in my bedroom. The projector is hooked up to an DVD player that upscales through the components. I have component cables going out of the DVD to a component to VGA adaptor running into the projector. The projector looks fine in 480p but when I change the output on the DVD player the picture gets worse. If you go to projector menu it will say 480p but it doesnt change when you change the output on the DVD player. the projector says it goes to 1080 so I don't know what the problem is. I never would have imagined this stuff was as complicated as it is!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Download the users guide to assist you, and look for a setting that says screen resolution or something to that effect. Try auto or set it to what is coming into the projector. I did not look up the projector to see the specs but if the NATIVE resolution is smaller than your input resolution the projector will scale it down to fit in the native (total number of pixels) and the image may very well be worse. NOTE: To do 720p the native resolution of the projector would need to be 1280x720.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
12,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel_potter /forum/post/19572675

I have a Mitsubishi XD430U projector in my bedroom. The projector is hooked up to an DVD player that upscales through the components. I have component cables going out of the DVD to a component to VGA adaptor running into the projector. The projector looks fine in 480p but when I change the output on the DVD player the picture gets worse. If you go to projector menu it will say 480p but it doesnt change when you change the output on the DVD player. the projector says it goes to 1080 so I don't know what the problem is. I never would have imagined this stuff was as complicated as it is!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Does your DVD player have HDMI? I am guessing it does. The upconversion of a DVD player is ONLY valid in HDMI...480p is the max component will do for any DVD player I have ever seen. That is why I'd bet it isn't working.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
No I realize that. I think part of the problem is the OP is thinking that an upconverting DVD player will upconvert component...it won't...none that I know of. Max for component is 480p, so I think when he is feeding component as he is, then trying another res, he is causing the component to effectively stop working as the player is switching to HDMI. That is my suspicion.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/19576443

No I realize that. I think part of the problem is the OP is thinking that an upconverting DVD player will upconvert component...it won't...none that I know of. Max for component is 480p, so I think when he is feeding component as he is, then trying another res, he is causing the component to effectively stop working as the player is switching to HDMI. That is my suspicion.

Gotchya!

·
Registered
851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/19576443

Or I could sell him my Momitsu upconverting DVD player that's collecting dust from back when it was a big deal to upconvert over component!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts