AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem programming my MX-980. I purchased it from a local authorized dealer. The remote came with a DVD which contained the MX-980 editor. I ran through the software install, which also installed Active Sync (not sure what that is). While I'm new to programming this thing, that's not what I'm having trouble with, I think. When I chose to upload the contents of the editor to the remote, it attempts to do something, I hear the remote making noise, and then I get an error from the editor which says "File Not Exist!". I'm guessing I will have to wait for the tech support guys at URC, but I figured I would see if any experts out there might know what my problem is so that I can get some of this programming done over the weekend.

By the way, I know I was doing some of the stuff correctly as it tested out fine using the test feature in the MX-980 editor. It's just the uploading to the remote that seems to have some problems. I also ran FileMon while trying to upload the editor changes to the remote so that I could determine what file it was trying to access. I found it to be:

11:20:00 AM rce.exe:3612 OPEN C:\\Program Files\\Universal Remote Control, Inc\\MX-980 Editor\\~tmp4390.rcf NOT FOUND Options: Open Access: 00010080

Thanks,

Nick

·
Administrator
20,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdu /forum/post/12866741

When I chose to upload the contents of the editor to the remote, it attempts to do something, I hear the remote making noise, and then I get an error from the editor which says "File Not Exist!". I'm guessing I will have to wait for the tech support guys at URC, but I figured I would see if any experts out there might know what my problem is so that I can get some of this programming done over the weekend.

You upload from the remote, you download to the remote. I'm guessing you're attempting to upload a file that doesn't exist on the remote.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that did it. I guess I should have tried that. By the way, the instruction manual for the remote is pretty slim. Is there some site or good book which describes how to program these things? For instance, I can see how I can setup the channel up to send the code for my TV's channel up, but I want this to be dynamic, right? When I'm watching TV using the TV's tuner I want channel up to send the TV's channel up. When I'm watching FIOS I want channel up to send the FIOS channel up. How is this layer of indirection accomplished?

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can use the punch-through feature to accomplish what you're trying to do with the channel buttons.

The MX-980 is intended to be a custom-install product. It's not really meant for the end user, hence the lack of a detailed instruction manual. URC keeps the good stuff like that locked up on their dealer site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts