AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I tried to set my dvd player with my Samsung Flat Tube 30" 1080i (16:9) via component video but I was not able to get upconversion. Everytime I set it up to 1080i ( 50 and 60 hz), or 720 P, I got a message stating:

PLAYBACK CANNOT BE RESUMED FOR CURRENT SCREEN RESOLUTION. PLEASE CHANGE TO 480P.

To be honest, I bought this dvd player to be able to upconvert via Component video.......

It came with firmware 1.1.17

Please, help.......

·
Registered
462 Posts
Have you entered the secret menu and disabled macrovision?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Misohorny, I don't know how to disable it....

My question is, why would I want to disable it? I have a Denon dvd player and I can watch original movies with macrovision without having to disable it.....

Please, explain,,

Thanks

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
The copy protection scheme of some commercial dvd's, if macrovision is on, will attempt to disable the upconversion ala the error message you're getting.

enter the secret menu with : DOWN, UP, DOWN, UP, RIGHT, LEFT (arrow keys on the remote).

jeff

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just got one of these today. Got macrovision disabled and everything appears to be working via component. I can't get DVI to work at all with my JVC SX-21 pj. I went into the video menu (looks very much like the Bravo D1) and turned off HD component, and tried all manner of settings (not the custom ones) on the DVI side with not much luck. Tried with the component cables in and then out thinking that maybe DVI was disabled when component cables are present in the outputs. The opposite doesn't seem to hold true. Any thoughts? The drive mechanism sure is noisy (high pitched whirring sound.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.