AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cambridge Soudworks sub that is 12

' with a 300 watt amp. My problem is it will go into protective mode if I turn the gain past halfway or the movie gets into a scene with heavy bass. I'd like to fix it myself since the Mass based company wants you to send it half way around the country to fix it.

Does it sound like the amp and can you find one other than from the company to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Replacing it with the exact model/type amp would be an ideal solution. Next ideal solution would be to get the existing unit fixed and last ideal solution would be to replace the amp with the appropriate matching sub in that box (But since you're at it may as well throw a new box in). Check out www.parts-express.com in the DIY section for subs.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Under $250 (includes shipping) individuals in this forum like the BIC F12 and the Premier Acoustics PA-120.

I have a JBL PSW-D115 that starting popping, etc. after nine years of good service. I am replacing the existing amplifier with a Parts Express 500 watt BASH amplifier that has been used for successful repairs in the D115.

You do not have many options because to-and-from shipping to a repair facility plus the the cost of the repair may be too expensive.

There are other subwoofers in the $300-400 range that are consistently recommended by individuals in this forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts