AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting horizontal lines (one or two) which slowly move up the screen.

My display is connected to Cablevision digital cable box through s-video connection. The line seem to appear only on core cable channels (not digital channel).

Does any one else has experienced this problem. What is the cause? How can this be eliminated. Please help!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Some people report getting better results with a good-ole composite cable for standard TV.

You might try that or at least make sure your s-video cable is high quality. On my NEC 42XM2, I tried a cheap s-video cable and the picture was horrendous.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is usually a symptom of ground loops due to poor grounding on the incoming cable. I had the same problem with my 42VP4. A length of heavy gauge speaker wire from the grounding post on the cable splitter where it enters the house to the nearest water pipe will probably do it. I now get excellent PQ (relatively speaking) on my SD broadcast cable signal.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was going to mention grounding also. If you have any computer or other cables connected to your tv, try removing them. I also second using component cables for SDTV.

BTW, my SDTV received over-the-air from networks is outstanding. Approaching DVD quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.