AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new LCD today it's a Dell W2306C, and so far its been really bad, I hooked up my Xbox 360 to it and at 720p and 1080i, my SDTV looks better than it. If I go up close to something then it will look pretty good but not much better than my SDTV, and it gets even worse when I am farther from objects, it just gets more aliased and bad quality, does anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with either xbox or this LCD, but how are you connecting to the display, via component, VGA or DVI?

Is it possibly there's an anti-aliasing function that needs to be enabled on the player/games to lessen the jaggies?

Do you see any difference in aliasing between 720p or 1080i?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADU
I don't have any personal experience with either xbox or this LCD, but how are you connecting to the display, via component, VGA or DVI?

Is it possibly there's an anti-aliasing function that needs to be enabled on the player/games to lessen the jaggies?

Do you see any difference in aliasing between 720p or 1080i?
Ive tried connecting it both component and vga....

720p/1080i/vga all 3 look pretty bad...the thing is, in a game, if I zoom into something like a car in a replay it looks really good, but as I start to zoom out, the quality gets a lot worse and its aliases a lot more :(

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
I am no expert on gaming (which is why I pulled the previous post shortly after posting it), but maybe there's some sort of anti-aliasing feature on the game or player that needs to be enabled. The greater clarity of the LCD could perhaps be making any aliasing artifacts more vivid than a standard def TV as well.

You might find some more informed opinions in the xbox thread that should be floating around here somewhere.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Did you change the xbox 360 resolution setting from the dashboard? The default I think is 640x480. I know on my 19 monitor I could see the difference when I changed it to 1280x1024 or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.