AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice on my home theater/living room. I am looking to do a 5.1 setup but don't know how to set up the living room. As you can see by the attachments it's a relatively square room but with so many entrances it looks like it is going to be hard to properly place the speakers. So I really have two questions:

1) Is the current seating position/TV placement optimal for the room? I have tried to move them around and I feel this is the best because I can get the seating position centered on the TV but figured I would possibly get a second opinion.

2) IF my current setup is fine, where should I place my speakers? Specifically I am looking at the front left speaker. Should I place it next to the TV or further to the left on the other wall? I can't mount it on the wall just behind the left side of the TV because my thermostat is there, that is, unless I can mount it higher and not screw up the sound.

The TV is a Sony 60" XBR2 that is going to be delivered this Wednesday and I haven't bought anything else for the system so I am open to options, I haven't even bought the home theater seats that are pictured, they are just for reference. It is going to be mainly used for Home Theater (70%) and playing console games (xbox360/PS3 20%) and every now and then watching some TV or listening to music. I really want this system to shine in Home Theater that's why I am asking about the setup.

The room dimensions are 19' 8" (left to right wall not counting fire place) by 17' 6" (from rear wall to wall the TV is sitting against) and everything drawn up is dimensionally correct from the room to the TV to the Home Theater seats.

Thanks for any help and I can't wait to get everything set up.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Mike you can always look at ceiling mounted speakers to get better locations if you can't use the walls due to the entrance ways.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.