AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums an I need some help with my new HTIB.

I just purchased a new ONKYO HT-S6200 and I love it. I don't know much about audio set up and codecs and all that theorycrafting. I used the mic to set up the speakers and I use the diff listening modes when playing movies/games.

I wanna know if the listening modes is the way to go and if I'll be using the system in the way it was meant to. Another thing I've noticed when I play call of duty MW2 is the following on the receiver display: PCM MTCH 7.1 48hz game mode:action

The display doesn't show any Dolby signs, so I wonder if I'm not getting any Dolby or dts or dd or w/e they are called. Thanks in advance*

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Which system are you playing MW2 with? If it's the PS3, the PS3 is probably sending uncompressed multichannel PCM to the receiver (not Dolby Digital - better than Dolby Digital).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a very nice guide, thx. But I'm wondering if the S6200 supports LPCM. Another thing, that set up is to get best audio on blurays, will I also be getting best audio on games? 1 last thing, any detailed guide like that for the 360?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalltheonly /forum/post/18239524

That's a very nice guide, thx. But I'm wondering if the S6200 supports LPCM. Another thing, that set up is to get best audio on blurays, will I also be getting best audio on games? 1 last thing, any detailed guide like that for the 360?

It supports LPCM. You get the best audio for games that way to.

Don't have 360. but google it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
For the 360, literally go into the system settings blade and put it on the 5.1 Dolby Digital setting. That's all you have to do. The receiver will be able to decode everything sent out. Just make sure you are using either an HDMI or Optical (TOSLINK) connection.

·
Registered
29,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalltheonly /forum/post/18239524

If you're getting this on your screen, the answer would be YES! You're getting the best audio already.
PCM MTCH 7.1 48hz game mode:action

1 - 11 of 11 Posts