AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting one a new projector from Dell, but am having trouble deciding what to get. I am looking for something with XGA resolution and Lumens around 1000. The projector will mainly be used for dvd watching via an htpc, and HDTV via a DTC 100.

I have been looking at the LT154. I have tried the LT150, but I was seeing rainbows quite often. Are there any others I should consider? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I wouldn't limit yourself to Dell. Typically they don't have really good prices and they don't specialize in HT projectors.

If rainbows affected you too much, then you are going to not be able to get a DLP. The only DLP units that virtually eliminate this effect are the new RGBRGB color wheels, which there are very few, or a 3 chip DLP, which is very expensive. Try looking at LCD units or maybe even D-ila, if they're in your budget.

Thanks!

------------------

Jason Turk

AV Science, Inc.
http://www.avscience.com

716-454-1460 ext.204

[email protected]

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going with Dell because they are accepting back my LT150. I really liked the LT150, but the rainbows were just too visible to me. The LT154 is an XGA LCD model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.