AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Pioneer VSX 1015 powering my Paradigm monitor speakers, Panasonic DVD recorder and my Pioneer Elite 730 TV. I am very satisfied with the Pioneer 1015, but I would like to add a Blu Ray player and the 1015 is maxed out on digital inputs and it has no HDMI inputs at all. I was thinking of going with a 1018, but then saw that the 1019 is due out very soon. Then I saw that for a small additional amount, icould go with the Pioneer VSX01TXH Receiver. So, now I am totally confused.

In addition to the additional connections, I also liked the fact that the 1019 should be able to equalize the volume of commercials as this is a sore spot with my wife. While I am not 100% set on a Pioneer, I would like to stick with them due to experience and familiarity.

Any suggestions or comments would be very welcome.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Assuming a year between models, I don't think the 1019 will be available until June and will be near full price for a while. You might check to see if any of the Elite models will provide sound leveling. Or you could just look for a good deal on a 1018 now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts