AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new pair of JMLABS Electra bookshelf speakers and they are not shielded. I have to have the speakers close to my TV (Sony XBR400) and I'm getting the effects of the speakers in discoloration. I can move them just enough away from the TV to clear the discoloration but I really want them closer to the TV. Is there a way to "shield" these speakers? Any tricks or products out there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe there is a product called mu foil or something like that. Try running a search on google with that info.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It seems like people are never truely satisfied with "after the fact" sheilding. I wish you luck and hope it works out, but....Prognosis: Guarded.

--Steve

·
Registered
654 Posts
The standard way of shielding is to use a reversed polarity second magnet near the drivers magnet. But I would think that this would be tricky to accomplish and still avoid poor driver performance.

The other possibility is Mu Metal. But I don't know much about it. I know it can shield (or reduce) magnetic interference. But I would think that implementing a layer of anything on or in your speakers would be very very difficult.

IMO, if you speakers can't be moved far enough away, you might have to buy different ones...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.