AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this receiver for about two years now, and it is wonderful for my needs; however, for some time, I have been having an issue (that I assumed was just a setting I needed to fix), that I am unable to resolve after pouring over the owners manual. It has been doing this ever since I can remember. Here's the problem:

Every time I turn it on (whether by remote or the power button), it turns itself back off immediately.

Usually, if I turn it right back on, it stays on an performs fine. Lately; however, it turns itself off two or three times before finally staying on. Is this something to worry about, and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
It's possessed.

Try disconnecting everything, speakers and components then power the receiver on. If it does it then it's most likely a problem with the receiver although I would try a different power outlet at that point.

If it's ok at that point try reconnecting one thing at a time testing in between that way you can trace where the problem is. When reconnecting the speakers make sure you have no stray bare wires that could touch and short out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts