AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah was going to install a optical wire in my wall but the ones at monoprice don't say they are for in wall installation. Are they actually CL2 certified? If not what cable should I use? Not very experienced so please be specific.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Optical fiber cables are not current limited electrical cables and therefore do not carry CL2 ratings. Those intended for indoors installation have fire ratings that start with OF. The cable will have to carry the appropriate rating to pass inspection.

I think for most folks running coax and using a converter on one or both ends will be less problematic. There will be no difference in the sound.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok just so you know I am hooking a pioneer pdp-5020 up to my pioneer vsx-1018ah. I will have a HDMI from Reciever to TV. But we watch alot of TV shows off our laptop so we have to connect that to a vga and 3.5mm connections(This connection is run through the wall has its own outlet). The reciever does not support that but the TV will. So I then have to run audio out of TV back to reciever to run sound. I know its kind of confusing sorry. So the 5020 doesn't have a Coax out so Ill just do like you both said and run a digital coax to the reciever. Thank you both for helping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts