AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought our first projector, it will be here Monday. We have been trying to get everything done before Monday. We would like to have our wall finished up before then. We bought Benq HT2050a. It will be located in our basement as part time entertainment. Mainly movies, little tv and some video games. We need help with figuring out paint. We have read forums after forums. See below on out current set up. Our walls are already dark but celling is light on color. The plain wall is what I want my screen to be. It is already sanded, just need primer and paint. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Easy choice to make...

For absolutely stunning results:
Silver Fire / Black Flame w/No Colorant

For very acceptable results:
PPG Diamond Pure White Matte.

Both should be sprayed on....the SF / BF being mandatory.
Thank you for taking your time to respond. Can you guide me just a little bit more?. What is black flame or can you send me a link so I can read about it?

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,777 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For information on the wholly DIY application Silver Fire v2.5 go here:
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/the-official-silver-fire-v-2-thread.1311989/unread

For information as to Black Flame, the Mfg version, click on my Signature Link at the bottom of this post.
Is this the formula you are talking about for my particular situation?

New Formula Addition:

As an alternative to the older RS-MaxxMudd LL & Retro formulas, below is a version hereafter called Silver Fire v2.5 N/C

Rustoleum Metallic Accents – White Pearl 32 oz.
Rustoleum Metallic Accents – Sterling Silver 10oz.
PPG Diamond Flat 20 oz. Home Depot
Rustoleum's Ultimate Polyurethane Matte Finish (water based) 20 oz.
Distilled Water 32 oz.

The "N/C" designation means that "No Colorant" is added.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also found this one from you..

16 oz PPG Diamond Pure White (Home Depot)
12 oz RustOleum Sterling Silver (Lowes or Online) * whatever slight amount of "Greying-up" is needed is provided by the Tint of the Silver
32 oz RustOleum White Pearl (Lowes or Online)
16 oz.RustOleum Ultimate Matte Polyurethane (Lowes or Online)
16 oz. Distilled Water (...add more Water (up to 20 oz.) as is needed to thin paint for spraying.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,777 Posts
Use the one below....................

Is this the formula you are talking about for my particular situation?

New Formula Addition:

As an alternative to the older RS-MaxxMudd LL & Retro formulas, below is a version hereafter called Silver Fire v2.5 N/C

Rustoleum Metallic Accents – White Pearl 32 oz.
Rustoleum Metallic Accents – Sterling Silver 10oz.
PPG Diamond Flat 20 oz. Home Depot
Rustoleum's Ultimate Polyurethane Matte Finish (water based) 20 oz.
Distilled Water 32 oz.

The "N/C" designation means that "No Colorant" is added.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Then one last question, is it Silver Fire and or Black Flame? This is where I am confused. Is it one or the other option, correct? You don't mix them separately and use both, right? Thanks again

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,777 Posts
Silver Fire is the open-source version of Black Flame, a version that was created and is dedicated to DIY'ers who want to "do it all themselves".

The former is reasonably close to the latter in performance, the difference lies in the use of higher grade components propritary components not readily available retail....and the effort needed to assemble and mix all the components for the DIY version.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,777 Posts
Pretty happy with how it turned out. Not to bad for wall. Thanks for your help
Excellent!

Even the closeness of the Ceiling is having minimal impact on image quality, although a darker, non-CGI screen shot would speak louder of that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts