Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got Sonic decoder pack to work with ffdshow, using the 'AllowAllRenderers' and 'HardCodeForPAL' registry keys. My DVD drive is region free, and I'm using Region Killer v2.7 to automatically change regions.

Problem:

With 'HardCodeForPAL'=1 PAL discs work fine with ffdshow and the decoder pack, but with NTSC discs I get a garbled picture, with several horizontal green stripes; if I set 'HardCodeForPAL'=0, then NTSC works fine, but PAL makes ZoomPlayer 3, beta 2 crash.

System is:

Win XP Pro

AthlonXP on Asus A7S333 mobo, CMedia sound.

several ffdshow versions.

Latest Sonic pack, v135.

Graph:

DefineFilter(CinemasterVideo.DLL)

DefineFilter(CinemasterAudio.DLL)

DefineFilter(ffdshow.ax)

LoadFilter({E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066},Default WaveOut Device)

LoadFilter({70E102B0-5556-11CE-97C0-00AA0055595A},Video Renderer)

LoadFilter({9F062738-CD84-4F54-A3C4-BD5EB44F416B},Sonic Cinemasterr DS Audio Decoder)

LoadFilter({CD8743A1-3736-11D0-9E69-00C04FD7C15B},Overlay Mixer)

LoadFilter({04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7},ffdshow MPEG 4 Video Decoder)

LoadFilter({6E8D4A20-310C-11D0-B79A-00AA003767A7},Line 21 Decoder)

LoadFilter({D7D50E8D-DD72-43C2-8587-A0C197D837D2},Sonic Cinemasterr DS Video Decoder)

LoadFilter({9B8C4620-2C1A-11D0-8493-00A02438AD48},DVD Navigator)

ConnectPin(DVD Navigator,Video,Sonic Cinemasterr DS Video Decoder,Video in)

ConnectPin(DVD Navigator,AC3,Sonic Cinemasterr DS Audio Decoder,Audio in)

ConnectPin(DVD Navigator,SubPicture,Sonic Cinemasterr DS Video Decoder,Subpicture in)

ConnectPin(Sonic Cinemasterr DS Audio Decoder,Audio Out,Default WaveOut Device,Audio Input pin (rendered))

ConnectPin(Sonic Cinemasterr DS Video Decoder,Video Out,ffdshow MPEG 4 Video Decoder,In)

ConnectPin(Sonic Cinemasterr DS Video Decoder,CC Out,Line 21 Decoder,In)

ConnectPin(ffdshow MPEG 4 Video Decoder,Out,Overlay Mixer,Input0)

ConnectPin(Line 21 Decoder,Out,Overlay Mixer,Input2)

ConnectPin(Overlay Mixer,Output,Video Renderer,In)

I hope frbie, JaM, even CinemVidGuy (I know, I know :( ) and others here can help me with this...

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is no way around this, unless future ffdshow builds actually detects the flag that indicates that it is a PAL title and alter its resolution accordingly, it will always crash when 'HardCodeForPAL'=0, and vice versa for NTSC.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I created three files with registry entries:

Number 1 for PAL:

AllowAllRenderers=1

HardcodedForPAL=1

Number 2 for NTSC:

AllowAllRenderers=1

HardcodedForPAL=0

Number 3: I need this one because ProgDVB with my dvb-card will not show any picture with Sonic if AllowAllRenderers=1:

AllowAllRenderers=0

HardcodedForPAL=0

I created two bat files for starting Zoom Player. The first one is for PAL and starts with importing the file number 1 to the registry and then launches Zoom Player. When Zoom Player exits the number 3 file is imported to restore to default settings. The second bat file is for NTSC and imports file number 2 to the registry instead of number 1, otherwise just as the PAL file.

I will ofcourse have to restart Zoom Player when switching between PAL/NTSC but I don't have to manually run regedit and change the values.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I was going mad trying to figure out a way out of this.

lordx, shouldn't those registry entries be 'HardCodeForPAL', not CodeD? (I guess it was a typo). Can you send me your batches and .reg to my e-mail, at [email protected] ? finally, how do you get the .reg NOT to display the confirmation dialog "Are you sure you want to add this info to the registry?"?

once again, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes it was a minor typo.

Just use "regedit /s" for silent mode and you will not see any dialogs.

I've attached a zip file containing a catalog named scripts that I have in my Zoom Player root catalog. I've created shortcuts to the batfiles in the start menu Zoom Player folder. You can choose property on a shortcut and set "Run" to minimized. This way you will not have to see the command window (it will still appear on the task bar).

Maybe you'll have to edit the files.

bat_reg_files.zip 1.505859375k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help, guys, and for the files, lordx. I hope M Cutka can fix ffdshow to look for the PAL/NTSC flag, since the .reg way is just a pain...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.