Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have a problem, or perhaps it's just a question.

I'm trying to swap two sets of Panasonic tubes in an Ampro 3600 projector...the high hour tubes are M/N 180DVB22...the low hour tubes are PT18-205...my question, are these tubes interchangable???

Being as they are both coming out of Ampro 3600s I'd assume so...but we all know as assuming does :)

Thanks Kenny

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Say Kenny

They may look identical, but could easily have different pin-outs or bias voltages. If the neck boards are identical between the two units, and the power supplies identical, then you might have a chance. VDC in Florida still supports Ampro I believe, try calling Tech Support, 866 784 4427. It's like an ECP 4500 versus a 4500 Plus; looks identical but few interchangeable parts.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To late, I swapped them all out and they work fine.

We have been swapping neck boards out during troubleshooting on a few of these and probably never realized we had two different M/N tubes.

Gotta go get it back on the ceiling...sure glad "the Sultan of Cheap" bought a Genie lift...makes this job a snap!

Thanks for the thoughts, Kenny

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Do you have any more of those tubes available for sale or trade ? (The PT18-205's) OR what will you take for the whole Ampro ? Do you have any interest in an NEC 6PG ?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also have a spare 3600...but that may already be spoken for.

The only NEC I have interest in are the XG series...since I've had two, I couldn't see having anything less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.