AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone can put me on a course here..... I have a Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ80U hooked up to a HTPC using a Gigabyte E7AUM Ge force 9400 chip set.

When I am displaying the windows desktop the blacks on the screan it appears to not be 'fuzzy' but i see something dancing around... I am not sure what I am looking at to try to fix this issue. If I open a window for example "nvidia control panel" the black around the box is dead on black but a bit outside you get these dancing funny little specs.... I have no idea what this is called.

I have tried changing the resolutions and HZ and they all produce more or less the same effect.

Can someone point me in a direction of where my issue is ? Another thing on the panny website this monitor is not 24p is that an issue?

Do I need a new plasma?

fsChris

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Interesting... I think i fixed the issue changing the "Digital color format" from RGB to something called YCBCR444 ... have no idea why but the desktop is looking 100% better. On a side note in the RGB mode even in TMT3 the blacks looked fine... the only problem was when I am in the windows 7 desktop area.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
don't argue with what works

BTW, I always used the YCbCr output on my 9400

1 - 4 of 4 Posts