AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I turned on the tv and the blue and red color planes were way out of wack. I went through the convergence menu and realigned them but noticed there was still something wrong. My t.v. is now displaying 3 symptoms of something very bad.

1) The left side of the picture extends out of the viewing range of the tv. The tv is cutting it off. If the words (Video 1) are displayed from the left you would only see (deo 1) as Vi are cutoff.

2) The picture is arching from the bottom and left sides. Between convergence points the picture is bowed in. A straight line across the bottom would appear somewhat rainbow in shape.

3) The colors are very distorted still so the red and blue planes are off in alignment. Red and blue lines appear around normal white and black lines on the television.

Its noticed most with Tivo backdrops where it is green background and white text. The text is blurry with red and blue colors and the lines of the menu are all mishaped.

This tv is 16 months since I bought it and is 4 months out of warranty.

I am starting to calm down from my initial panic of my tv woes.

Can anyone recommend things to do or try and fix the tv?

Does anyone know the ballpark price to fix vga color boards or things that relate to this problem?

I want to fix this problem as cheaply as possibly or spend nothing on it and being saving for something new.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.