AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it took me awhile to get this set up but im not that happy so i need some inputs

denon avr-3808

studio100v3

cc570v3

2 pairs of adp470v3

dsp3200

my basement is 24x24 but my finish side is 11x24

in home theatre its awesome but if i want to lesson to my studio 100 without the sub they seem thinny too bright and a lack of bottom end

i went through all the settings and crossovers are bypasss for the fronts seemed to have a bit of cancellations maybe in the room

is the receiver enough to push the 100 and what do you guys recommand as the next step

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Sounds like your room could use some help, and possibly you are having issues with the crossover freq that you are working with as well as subwoofer placement.

The best way to address these issues is using REW to measure your room.

Possibly you could post some room layout sketches and pics of it as well....

What does the room consist of... carpet, tile, wood paneling ? drywall.... I bit more input could help here.

To be honest, a 12" sub in an area will probably not put out the kind of bass impact you may be looking for..

·
Registered
286 Posts
I may have some experience with your situation..

My previous setup consisted of Studio's 100's v4, CC690v4, ADP590'sv4 in a 5.2 config powered by a Denon 3808ci..

After I brought them home and setup them up, I was happy with the sound, it was phenominal infact, but thought they should have more bass for being the speakers they were..

After doing research I came to the conclusion that I was underpowering them.. If anything, these speakers Need POWER at minimum 200 watts if you want to bring the bass drivers alive..

So I had two choices...

1) Purchase a Rotel 1095 or Anthem A5 for $1.5k

or

2) Add a seperate Sub for the Bass I was missing..

I opted for option two because I figured $1.5k spent on a subwoofer would yield the most bass for the money than $1.5k spent on seperates... In the end I ended purchasing two Fathom F112's and never looked back.. =) Hope my experience helps you in anyway.. Cheers..

Keep in mind, the larger the room the harder it will be for the studios to fill the room with bass..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.