AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have been looking to get upgrade from my Pioneer  Andrew Jones speakers. I have lost some of my hearing do to what I was doing in the Army and then in construction ( they didn't have ear plugs  back then) , I am aware or like to have a good center speaker because it seam most of the sound that is important comes from there.

I can't have anything  very overbearing tough because I want my wife to enjoy it also. I have a Sony DN 1040 and a Deon E-300.

I have been told to build some speakers ( best bang for the buck ) and was also pointed to get some Bose 901's ( I have read that you can do better than Bose for the cost)

I also found  what I thought looked good ,a Hybrid 2 3.1 system from HSU.

I don't want to spend any more than 1500 but would really like to spend  no more than I need to.

After watching Captain America in the theater today I want to do this even more. It was hard to hear the movie do to the audience, even my wife complained. 

Any further recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

·
Registered
50 Posts

t'm using a older velodyne VX10 so i really cant reccommend the sub part but i bought some polk RTIA1 bookshelfs and polk CSI3 center channel on ebay and the sound is INCREDIBLE! i have a denon also ....1513 but i love it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Ok I have looked at some Sierra -1s for fronts and center.

PB 2000 on the way.

Wonder if i would be better off getting full towers from Polk or some one else instead of spending what the cost is of the Sierra -1 speakers.

This is I hope the last upgrrade  I make on speakers so i kinda want to make a good choice.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimed  /t/1527084/help-with-picking-out-some-new-fronts-center-and-sub#post_24610024

Ok I have looked at some Sierra -1s for fronts and center.

PB 2000 on the way.

Wonder if i would be better off getting full towers from Polk or some one else instead of spending what the cost is of the Sierra -1 speakers.

This is I hope the last upgrrade  I make on speakers so i kinda want to make a good choice.
Nope. Subwoofers and especially good ones are better at handling lower frequencies than towers.

The Sierra-1's with a SVS PB2000 is a great setup and will be an upgrade

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425  /t/1527084/help-with-picking-out-some-new-fronts-center-and-sub#post_24611110

The Sierra-1's with a SVS PB2000 is a great setup and will be an upgrade

Yep. Going from the Pioneer setup, this should be pretty awesome

Don't forget to rerun Audyssey.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

K a big up date, After the what happened to My wife ( had a Accident in the car , she is ok but the new car suffered a lot)  I have decided to go with 3 CMT-340s and see how they sound. Big savings  over the Sierra 1's and if you don't have it you wont miss it lol. Just hoping to get better dialog and better sound than what I have. If this doesn't work I guess I will try DIY .

Will have to make room in the garage and may have to get a few more tools but may be cheaper to do.

I saw some DIY  speakers with Ribbon Tweeters but they to  wear expensive. Not as much as the upgrade kit for the Sierra 1 though. 

1 - 8 of 8 Posts