AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been having problems with my S9 it doesn't do a side change instead it stays stuck side A and then displays e9 on the front panel, and now I have a laserdisc stuck in the player when I press open I hear this weird spinning sound and the player displays e9. could somebody help with this problem Thanks!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Out of curiosity, have you tried the simple unplug for an hour or so? Lots of players from those days would do a motor reset after being unplugged for usually more than 30 minutes. I can't even count how many times that worked for VHS customers when I was a video store manager.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no right now I'm trying that. i unplugged it before for about a minute but right now I have it unplugged after an hour or so I'll plug it in again and hopefully it works. by any chance would anybody have a english version of the instructions manual?

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
E9 is a slider A to B error in the service manual. The side change mechanism could be out of alignment or the side switch could be jammed out of place. The best thing would be to take the top off and see where the pickup is at. You could always send me a picture if you have a digital camera to [email protected] . This should be easy to fix once the problem is found.

Kurtis

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I believe any E error is a slider. E-3 being standby or something along that line (guessing here). If the old fashioned power cycle didn't let it reset, your best bet is to follow Kurtis' advice and yank the cover. The mechanism is either out of alignment, or the LD wasn't seated smoothly in the tray and it's caught on the disc.

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
All "E" errors mean something is keeping the slider from reaching the correct position before the electronics time-out. E3 says that slider did not reach it's correct position as there was a clamping problem.

Kurtis

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks kurtis for your help it's greatly appreciated. I emailed Daniel Law he told to try and fix it here, if it can't be fixed then for me to send it back to him for a free repair. I emailed Pioneer of Japan no response back from them, and I emailed Pioneer in the U.S. they gave me a list of repair services in NY. I called a couple of them and they said that most likely it could be fixed and that the Japanese and US players are similar. I'm going to attempt to open the cover myself and take some pictures and send them to you once again thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Kurtis! okay this is what happened last night. I removed the player from my equipment rack and placed it on a table, then noticed that I need a special screwdriver that I don't have to remove the cover.so I gently taped both sides of the player and lifted it on each side just a little bit than let it drop on the table. the result the player works fine now, I was able to open the tray and remove the disc, it plays fine now and switches to side B with no problems now hopefully it stays this way thanks for all the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.