AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I tried the search function but I could not find anything. I have a blu ray player and cable box hooked up to my pioneer VSX-1120 receiver. I always had them sharing the same input on the tv, but I recently purchased a new tv and calibrated the picture for both cable and blu ray and would like them to have their own input. I bought a digital optical cable and ran the optical cable from the cable box to the receiver and then the hdmi from the cable box to the tv and I kept my blu ray player settings the way I had it. Now before I did this there were no issues but now if I am watching cable and make the switch using my logitech remote to blu ray it will either take longer than normal or something will mess up and there will be a mixture of both the cable tv picture and the blu ray picture on the tv.

Do you think it could be a faulty HDMI cable or do you think it is something more serious like something possibly wrong with the receiver or quite possibly the TV? I can tell you that all of the HDMI inputs on the tv work but when I make the switch using my remote something is not working correctly and I am hoping it is just my HDMI cable running from the back of my tv to the HDMI out on the receiver.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts