AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm concerned that my living room my not be the best for HT because it is open to the kitchen and dinning room. Could you guys tell me if it will be ok and where the best speaker placement would be?

My HT to be is as follows

eD

A6-6T6 TOWERS L/R

A6-6T6 CENTER

A6-5T5 SURROUND

A5-350 SUB

(don't take offense to the joke in pic, bored at work)

[/URL] [/IMG]

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Pretty straight forward placement in my opinion, left and rights 10-15 apart, I might push the love seat back a bit toward the window so you aren't blocking the left tower. The center as close as possible to ear level so either above or below the TV which ever is closer. The surrounds either wall mounted or on stands on the axis just behind where the window on the left is located and then the sub near one of the front corners.

I've seen much more challenging rooms, you should consider yourself lucky, especially with the whole girlfriend thing that you have going on there.

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
*****? If my gf went to his house Id be happy! Then my other gf could come over and stay the night! Hotels get so old after a while ya know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hicks. I hear people talking about acoustic treatment so I wasn't sure if my HT was going to sound off since my living room is open to the kitchen. Also, for the center channel, I have 65" projection. Would putting the center on top of the TV not suffice?

[/URL] [/IMG]

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I think that set up is going to work (maybe a few more women would help) pretty well. Just as long as you put a few bass traps in there and cover the early reflections, you should be good to go.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
On top of the TV for the center should be fine, if you feel like you aren't getting enough direct sound you can always try shimming it a bit to get a little down angle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you think the girls would work well for bass traps? I know they serve as good money traps. But seriously, what do you guys recommend for bass traps?

·
Registered
29,959 Posts
I would place the surrounds on the side walls, a little rearward of the couch. In this case that would be right where the side walls bend into the kitchen and dining area. Mount them a couple of feet above ear level and point them towards the listening area. See attached diagram.

Sanjay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts