AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!!Just hooked up new pn58. Awsome on blu ray (PS3). Not bad on other DVD's. Just horrible with SD sat. hookup (color, definition, clearity, you name it). I've tried various picture sizes, ect. Nothing seems to improve the picture. It's fine on a regular TV. We don't have HD reception yet, only SD through DISH. I must be doing something wrong. I've read the manual and still can't get it set up any better. This is our first big screen and I have not hooked up the receiver yet, just plugged in the cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! Thanks - Mark

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
SD is bad on all plasmas. If you are getting a great picture on Blu-Ray then there is nothing wrong with your set. That's why it's called Standard Definition.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/14238211

SD is bad on all plasmas. If you are getting a great picture on Blu-Ray then there is nothing wrong with your set. That's why it's called Standard Definition.

I don't entirely agree. Many plasmas have decent standard definition quality. 58" is a huge screen and it will magnify some of the shortcomings in the signal, of course.

How is satelite box attached? Use s-video for the best quality.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Box is connected directly to tv. I have ordered HD and the new box will come with HDMI connection. I'm not sure that will make any difference as it is still coming form the box.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbb /forum/post/14238733

Box is connected directly to tv. I have ordered HD and the new box will come with HDMI connection. I'm not sure that will make any difference as it is still coming form the box.

Connected how? Using what cables?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts