AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sammy HLN437 with the 931 DVD player. I am using the DVI ouput to the DLP. However, sometimes the picture looks grainy and sometimes downright not really the correct color.

I have the DVI set to 720i. Some things look great, like Finding Nemo. However, tonight I put in my old Twister DVD and there is a scene near the beginning with Bill Paxton standing by the side of the road before the first twister hit. His face looks almost green and the PQ is really bad, so bad that my wife said, "that looks awful!" I kind of had to agree.

Now I feel like I've blown $3100+ on the TV not to mention the cost of the DVD player and DVI cable. Maybe I should have just gotten a CRT. I spent so much time doing the research, that I'm mad at myself right now that this is the kind of PQ I'm getting. I'm hoping that it is something I can tweak.

Some movies are stunning, but overall, not that impressed.

I may take the movie to CC tomorrow and see if it does it there with component video.

Is there a chance that it is the DVD player or a problem with my TV. I've past the 30 day period, so a full return is not possible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.