AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys i know someone here knows how to fix my little problem...i searched and found things that were similar but didnt give me an answer so here goes!

i got a mitsubishi HC6500 projector about a week ago (yay
) and ive got my computer up and running at 1920X1080 at 60hz...my vid card is a ATI 4870...now heres the problem...any game that i didnt have running at 1920X1080 or a new game that i install wont display on my projector...now i understand why it does do that but heres what i need to know how to do...how do i get a game that i dont have running at 1920X1080 to start up at 1920X1080 if its the first time i installed it or didnt have it running at 1920X1080 before i hooked everything up to my projector? hope that makes sense...hehe...now i could simply keep my old monitor handy and simply unplug the HDMI cable from the vid card and plug it back into my old monitor and manually set it at the correct rez like that...but that would be a pain in the ass cuz id have to do that everytime i got a new game! im assuming there is a way to force a rez on a game somehow at the desktop yes? im just not seeing how to do it...so hopefully someone knows...thanks!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Most games I believe have command line arguments which you can set via the properties of the shortcut. But I'm surprised that a brand new games default resolution is not supported by your projector. Normally the default resolution of a game would be 640x480 or 800x600 and those I'd have thought are supported rez's of any device.

I run my gaming PC through a Panny 720p projector for the past few years. I always have a normal flat screen connected to it. I have the monitor set right next to the side of the couch, so a slight head tilt and I can use a normal monitor instead of the projector. This allows me to play games without darkening the room. Also, when reading text and surfing then net I prefer using a normal monitor. So you might want to consider running the two monitors. I have a couple games out of maybe 20 or so installed right now that just won't run on the projector for some reason. So I just play them on the LCD panel.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think its because i have it hooked up through HDMI...well to be specific DVI to HDMI going to my receiver...but judging by looking at the resolution compatibility chart in my projectors manual it doesnt look like it supports low resolutions through HDMI...i could be wrong...ill mess with it some more tonight...the funny thing is that for some reason COD4 started up in 640x480 and my projector had no problem with it...yet when COD world at war started up for the first time it couldnt see that one and i was forcing it to run in 640x480 through the properties tab or whichever one it was...i think it might have something to do with the horizontal and vertical frequency perhaps? in the manual for the projector it shows the resolution 640x480 four seperate times all with different horizontal and vertical frequencys...it does have a little star with a 2 next to one of them which should mean it will work through HDMI

·
Registered
7 Posts
have you tried going into your video card's properties and seeing if you can force any game to send a specific res?....or using other software like powerstrip,rivatuner,or nvidia drivers?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by moko /forum/post/15497552

have you tried going into your video card's properties and seeing if you can force any game to send a specific res?....or using other software like powerstrip,rivatuner,or nvidia drivers?

ya i tried seeing if i could force it but theres no option to do that...ill just have to hook up my old monitor everytime i get a new game and set the rez at 1920X1080 and then plug back in the projector...pain in the butt...but it works

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Just find the config file for the game before you run it and manually change the resolution. I run a weird custom resolution to get 1:1 on my set and have to do this a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts