AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post here. Thanks in advance for any help!

I just moved into a new house and I'm having difficulty with projector placement. I've drawn a rough sketch of my room setup, not entirely to scale but not too far off.

The blue lines are windows, the green line is an idea of where the screen would go, the blue circle is an idea of where the projector would go (but the image might hit the fan?), and the gaps in the black line are doors or entryways into another room. Yes, this is in my bedroom. Since my days of living in an apartment with roommates I've grown fond of being able to watch movies in bed when it was my only choice. There are no other rooms in the house available for a dedicated HT room.

My wife is relatively committed to the bed being where it is, but not set in stone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How tall are your ceilings? Could you raise the fan at all?

You could just put the projector on a shelf on the wall just above the headboard. That may be a bit noisy depending on the projector.
Ceilings are 9ft tall. At my old house I had my desk right next to the bed so the projector was right there. I may end up shifting the bed away from the desk to make room for putting the desk right next to the bed, or building a shelf like you said. Or I may try ceiling mounting it and getting a flush mount ceiling fan.

But I wanted to see if anyone had any genius ideas for how to do it better...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts