AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried looking throughout the 3 PT-50LC13 threads and was hoping I would find the answer to this problem but wasn't able to find any terms matching the problem I'm having.

Ok, I just got the set yesterday but after coming home from work today, I find that my roommate had trouble operating the tv. I dunno what he pressed (he can't remember) but now there's a black box hanging out in middle of the screen in composite 1. It is centered and it takes a good chunk of the viewing area only leaving a small border of vieweable space. The black box is not permenant, when I switch channels it goes away termporarily and comes back. When I switch to PIP it's there same position blocking the same amount of space. I tried fiddling with the action button, nothing. Turned on/off 3dy/c, ID-1, V NR, RGB/480P and played with different settings, nada.

Anybody know how to get rid of this black box on the screen without resorting to using another input jack? :)

Thanks

ps. if this has been answered in the other threads that I've missed please post a link.

edit: just switched to another input, NADA, the box is still there. I think my roomie pressed a weird combination of buttons when the remote was controlling the Dishnetwork receiver. Arggggh....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ein
Better not let your roommate change the options on the V-chip. :)
hehe after this i made a lock code and also took away the TV remote. He'll live with the receiver remote.

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.