AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Holidays everyone!

Currently I am the owner of the best TV I have ever owned: LN55A950 series by Samung.

Question Summary - Which TV should I purchase?

UN46C8000 vs. LN46A950

($1545) vs. ($989)

Primary Usage - Based on top items in list being priority:

- For the kids in their playroom

- Want good Picture Quality (PQ)

- They/I play Xbox 360 (Black Ops, MW2), Wii, PS3

- Maybe 3D movies

- Thinness and size not an issue

Concerns:

- Biggest concern has to be gaming lag. This TV will mostly be used to play video games. Mostly Xbox 360, then Wii, then PS3.

Other Details:

I love the way my current LN55A950 series TV works with movies, gaming (Xbox 360 on PC mode with no lag on Black Ops/MW2), and PQ. Sometimes sports can be a little laggy with the puck or ball lagging only, but nothing to complain about.

Question 2:

What is the difference between the UN46C8000 and the UN46C8000XF?

I know that's alot, but any input on any of the items above is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Happy holidays!

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
I don't understand why your asking us to decide on the "A" series which come next month is 3 generations past - where are you able to find an A950 after 2-3 years for sale?

To be honest I may wait 3 weeks for CES to see what the next generation brings. The A950 was an excellent panel though IMO.

I game on a 4 year old Sharp with zero problems with motion or lag - I don't game on my newer Samsung C6400 or Sony Z as my Sharp is my biggest LCD at 57" and my main HT panel so I cannot attest to the others gaming performance.

Have no idea what the "XF" is for. XFG stands for extra FN Good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply:

Yes I was able to find an LN46A950, even though it is old. The reason why I'm even looking at this version, although being 3 generations old, is because I have the 55" 950 series, and it rocks.

My biggest concern is the gaming. I've heard that these newer generation TV's have the thinness factor, and the high numbers on the marketing, but suck compared to the old 950 series that I have. So I was wondering if that stands true for the UN46C8000 ?

·
Registered
81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtueTech /forum/post/19641426

Thanks for your reply:

Yes I was able to find an LN46A950, even though it is old. The reason why I'm even looking at this version, although being 3 generations old, is because I have the 55" 950 series, and it rocks.

My biggest concern is the gaming. I've heard that these newer generation TV's have the thinness factor, and the high numbers on the marketing, but suck compared to the old 950 series that I have. So I was wondering if that stands true for the UN46C8000 ?

I don't see anything wrong with getting an older model. Those 950's were great. I have a lower model LN40A750 and bought a new LN46C630 and to me the A series is on par with the C. I did notice that with AMP off on both the A series is smoother. It's more CRT like. Even games have better response on it as well compared to the C. If its for your kids and is gonna be used for games why not save $500 and get the TV you know is great. Myself, if I can find an A750 for the price I paid for the c630, I would jump on it. They are still available online but I have to pay $250 more. If I can find a 950 online for the same price, that would even be better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies.

Anyone else know what the "XF" stands for in UN55C8000XF ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For anyone else that finds this thread through searching/google:

I called up "EastCoastTvs.com" and they told me the XF suffix is normal on all the UN55C8000 brands. That all the TVs have that XF.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So...I decided on getting the UN55C8000XF, So I purchased it....and the guy at EastCoastTvs.com told me I would be better off getting the: Sony KDL55NX810

What do you guys think?

I've never owned a Sony, only the Samsung 950 series.

KDL55NX810 vs UN55C8000XF ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really alot of comparable reviews out there between the KDL55NX810 vs UN55C8000XF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts