AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
We probably need a little more information to help you because 480P is just the same as standard 640x480 windows resolution. The only caveat is that the refresh must be 60Hz.

How are you connecting and what are you connecting to. Projector, RPTV, etc.. Do you have VGA or RGBHV inputs or component. do you have a transcoder?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's the only way :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use this pc to output to my projector, but I am trying to get a resolution to run into my RPTV. I have a 53in Samsung hdtv and an RCA transcoder in combination with a DTC 100. I am wanting to output 480p for dvds through the transcoder to my RPTV for daytime watching.

The samsung has component inputs, no RGB. I know the RCA transcoder sucks but I have heard of several who can get 480p working fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
901 Posts
First things first,

Can you get a picture using the DTC100 though the transcoder at 480P?

If you can then make sure your HTPC is set to 640x480 60Hz.

If not then are there any settings on the transcoder?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Windows XP (which you appear to be running from your screen shot) doesn't normally support anything less than 800X600 by default.

I've heard there is someway to defeat this, but Microsoft did this because screen GUI elements for a basic screen and controls need more screen real estate than 640X480 provides.

Also, your RPTV would have to be HD ready to run 480P. Is it 4:3, or 16:9? Does it have anamorphic squeeze? If it does, or if it's 16:9, you really want to be running 848X480P, which is a standard Radeon resolution. 640X480P will force downcovnersion of DVD's.

Regards,

Jon

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My tv is hd compatable. it does the squeeze on 1080i, but not on 480p. It has a 4x3 aspect ration.

I have made a 4x3 resolution in powerstrip the works fine on my monitor, just not on my RPTV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.