AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine gave me his old DCT-100. I purchased an oval dish. Another friend of mine hooked it up. I get a really nice picture. Problem is.....its not an HD picture. I have a VGA cable running from the back of the receiver to the input on my Mitsubishi 55857 and when i flick the input on the TV to VGA, all I get is a blue screen. If I hook up an S video cable, I get a nice pic on the STB setting but its not HD

·
Registered
546 Posts
I might be wrong since I don't have a Mits myself, but I think the VGA input on the 55857 is for computer input, not HD. I think you're supposed to get a VGA-5BNC breakout cable with RCA adaptors, or a VGA-5RCA cable, and plug it into one of the HD component jacks.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have a Mitsubishi 46805 (so sad that my bad ass TV is now old school)that doesn't have a VGA input, so my input here is not 100% accurate, but I believe that the VGA input is locked to 640x480.

There are a couple of ways you could go about getting your DTC100 to the Mits for HD.

First way would be as suggested above, to get a VGA to 5BNC connector... then going to radio shack and getting BNC to RCA connectors. I've also seen VGA to 5 RCA connectors. You'd plug these into the jacks on the back of your TV labeled Y Pb Pr H V. Then you'd go into your menu, and go to assign input. From there, select DTV, and make sure it's set to RGB. Once that is done, you should be good to go. You may get a slight picture shift to the left, or right. If that happens, let us know.

This would typically be the cheaper of the 2 methods.

You can probably find one of these cables at any dealer who carries Mitsubishi TV's, and DTC100's. I have seen them at Best Buy for example.

The second method you could use, would be to use an external VGA to component converter. 2 examples would be RCA's VHDC300, or Audio Authority's 9A60. These will run you around $130.00, and you'd take the same steps listed above, except you would not use the H and V inputs on the back of your TV. Just the Y Pb Pr. Follow the same steps in the menu, but make sure when you select DTV, you set it to Y Pb Pr.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Make sure the HD light is on, it's located on the front of the DTC-100.

------------------

Meredith (KPHO) SUCKs! Phoenix CBS station with no HD just SD.

·
Registered
904 Posts
The DTC-100 will only output HD or NTSC not both at once. The newest firmware (A04.37?) will allow you to map the HD switch to the "Fetch" button on the remote for easier access. Otherwise you must hit the button on the receiver or navigate the menus.

jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.