Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.picturetrail.com/mikeb33/719110

I have an odd shaped family room. I installed my New Sony KDP-57XBR2 in the corner and our sectional sofa is directly opposite of it. I am having a hard time positioning my rear speakers. In the picture you see the red spots where I have tried the speakers about 7 feet up and aimed down and in. As you can see I am much closer to the right speaker and it is actually in front of me. I am considering moving them to the green spots, but then they are both to my left.

Any ideas on how to place them?

Thanks,

MIKE

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Mike,

I have a similar setup.

Are you talking about side surrounds or rear surrounds?

If they are "sides" I would leave the left surround where it is and move the right surround back behind to your right green location. I would reserve the left green location for a rear surround if you decide to do 6.1 down the road.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just have the 5 speaker setup so these are "rear surrounds".

I guess I have to decide if I want one on my left and right, but not behind me. Or having both behind me to my left. I had them in the red position but it felt very strange having the speaker ahead of me and I could hear the left one at all. If I go to the green positions, they are both to me left, but at least behind me.

I would just do trial and error, but I have to drill screws into the wall to hold them up and I don't to have a lot of holes when I'm done.

Thanks

MIKE

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Who likes/appreciates the sound more- you or your wife ;-).

If you can't move her then you might want to move the couch.

For me the goal was to get the speakers lined up w/ the TV, primarily the front three. Right now I am playing with 6.1; DTS-ES is pretty cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.