AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Haven't posted in a long while but I know where to come for expert advice...

Attached is the living room layout of the home we are building. Just wanted to get suggestions for placing my rears...

As you can see, I've thought of maybe wall mounting the rears on the back wall (left side of drawing where numbers 1 through 4 are). I have a 7.1 system...

I've also thought of using speaker stands...although they can be kind of intrusive in the future: right now I have small sats as reaers but I'm planning on upgrading to B&W 600s...

Thanks for the ideas and sorry for the bad drawing...

P.S. What kind of wire would you buy for this? The wire will be in the home for a long time...

· Registered
2,783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgl /forum/post/0

Is there a wall where we would be standing and looking at your drawing's perspective?

If that is a wall I would mount the side surrounds there, and over the window in the drawing just forward of the listening area. Then the rear surrounds would go at positions 1 & 4.

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no full wall there...the place where I'm grawing from is the dining room's entrace...

Additionally, the Plasma is NOT centered in the wall where it is mounted on...it is closer to wall in the back (the one with the window and door in the drawing), therefore the side surrounds wouldn't be equidistant from the listening area...i.e. the left surround would be 6ft away from the listening area and the right surround would be 12ft away from listening area...

Hope it makes sense...What about the wiring?

Thanks for the help...

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any other comments?

What about wires? what are good wires to use? Something out of the hardware store? or should I go with more expensive Audio Store wires (like the one they would sell me at the local B&W dealer)?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.