AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked but when i do a search so much stuff pops up my head spins.

I dont really get the HDMI pass through vs repeating. If i get a pass through HDMI then the audio and video goes to my plasma and i have to use the plasma's speakers? and with repeating i can still send the video to the plasma but i can use the speakers hooked up to the receiver?

my receiver died and its time for a new TV too so im looking to buy one of the new panasonic plasmas in the next month or so. I dont have speakers for 7.1 so i was thinking about the Denon avr590 (dont know if it is good or not but people seem to like it dont know any other competitors in that price range). I would hook up my Xbox 360, bluray player, and DVR all with HDMI.

any help you can provide is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumpchange /forum/post/18299736

thanks for the reply. I will wait till may I did not realize the new ones where coming out

New products are always coming out and theres never a way to future proof yourself.

Find one with the features you need/want (such as 3 HDMI in) and strongly consider last gen refurbs as you save a ton of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts