AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am going to buy a receiver which only has 1 output and 2 inputs, the thing is that i have a switch but would like to know these please:

I am planning on connecting all my devices to the switch, then connect 1 hdmi output from the switch to the receiver and the other to the projector, then the receiver output to the tv

My question is if there will be any issues with audio sync or anything when viewing with the projector?, the HDMI switch outputs both at the same time.

Currently i have a receiver which works with analog and not HDMI.

thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijvicente /forum/post/20794619

then connect 1 hdmi output from the switch to the receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20794653

Then how are you connecting the switch to receiver?

Did you even read the post before you replied?

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
Did you not read his post either??? (like you are alluding to the fact I must not have...)

"Currently i have a receiver which works with analog and not HDMI"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will buy one that supports HDMI that is how i will connect it, not sure the model yet, maybe a Yamahoo or Onkyo.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
So we have a better understanding of what you are trying to do(and why)...what are your sources? Of course we already know of the TV and projector.

There are twin HDMI out receivers where you won't need the switch.

An exceptionally good deal and would leave you NOT needing an HDMI switch is the Yamaha RX-V867 from last year(better hurry)...

How much are you wanting to spend on a receiver anyway?

Even if you want "the latest", the Onkyo TX NR709 also has 2 HDMI out(lowest priced "this years" receiver)

·
Registered
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20794905

Did you not read his post either??? (like you are alluding to the fact I must not have...)

"Currently i have a receiver which works with analog and not HDMI"

LMAO!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts