AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used (14 hours) Mitsubishi HC3800 which as 1300 lumens and a 4000:1 contrast ratio. I have had 2 other projectors in the past, but for some reason I am putting too much thought into this one.

My room setup will be 16' by 25' but the room is shared with my kids play area in my loft. So actually the dedicated theater room is 16' by 13' and is open with 4 smaller windows. I will have ambient light during the day and it will be completely dark at night. I will also add more window treatments to minimize light during the day. I am painting the screen wall a darker brown in eggshell.

I will be using the room for movies and gaming. I used the screen calculator and it shows with the white screen with 1.2 gain and projecting 12-15' I will be between 19-22 fl. Will this be enough, too much or just about right?

My seating area will be 14' from the screen and the projector will be ceiling mounted. I plan on buying a 100" screen. I plan on using this the majority of the time at night.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmrinaldi /forum/post/20885557

I just bought a used (14 hours) Mitsubishi HC3800 which as 1300 lumens and a 4000:1 contrast ratio. I have had 2 other projectors in the past, but for some reason I am putting too much thought into this one.

My room setup will be 16' by 25' but the room is shared with my kids play area in my loft. So actually the dedicated theater room is 16' by 13' and is open with 4 smaller windows. I will have ambient light during the day and it will be completely dark at night. I will also add more window treatments to minimize light during the day. I am painting the screen wall a darker brown in eggshell.

I will be using the room for movies and gaming. I used the screen calculator and it shows with the white screen with 1.2 gain and projecting 12-15' I will be between 19-22 fl. Will this be enough, too much or just about right?

My seating area will be 14' from the screen and the projector will be ceiling mounted. I plan on buying a 100" screen. I plan on using this the majority of the time at night.

You need to read the reviews to get the actual lumen output of the projector, then divide by the square footage of the screen. http://www.projectorreviews.com/mits...3800/index.php You really want to look at lumen output in best mode, not brightest mode. Keep in mind the lamp as it ages will dim to the point that it will have only half the brightness as new. 19 to 22fl is not too bright with a new lamp. In fact I like to have around 24fl with a new lamp. That way I do not have to go to the higher modes or brighter lamp setting (more fan noise) so soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.