Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi replayTV fanatics and gurus,

First, of course, i have to say I love my replay. One of these days I might even upgrade it (when those 80 gig drives fall below $100).

My problem: I got a new TV, and when I tried to program the remote to control the TV (a toshiba 27", not that it matters), the controller didn't behave like it should have. I pressed TV, released, then pressed code set for several seconds. The led never blinks. I triead a variety of sequences to make it work, no luck. I took the batteries out and put them back in, that didn't help. Does anyone know what the problem is and the solution?

Thanks in advance.

-theQ-man

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine does the same thing, even with new batteries. But it still programs correctly, I just have to wait for what I believe would be long enough for the LED to blink.

I don't know if the LED is cooked or what. As long as I can still program it and use it I'll leave it alone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To ErictheConsumer-

Thanks. That was the problem, a non working led. I actually tried it as though it just didn't blink, but it turns out my tv responds to the second code listed in the book, so i quit after the first one until I read your post, then I tried it with the second and it works now.

Ahh, the power of the internet (cheese).

-theQ-man

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo
I hope this can solve your problem because i can't understand if it worked some day or not, check this post maybe this is your solution

Demo remote
Good thinking Ricardo. Could very well have been the insulated button contact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.