Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to get my HTPC up and running.

Using the Guide I can successfully create 856 x 480. If I try 960 x 480 or 1920 x 540, I get a virtual desktop. What am I doing wrong?

Radeon 9600 Cat 3.7

Mits. 55905

Powerstrip

Thanks,

Scott R.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using a touch screen LCD using the VGA port (primary) and a DVI -> VGA adapter to the RGBHV connection on the Mitsubishi.

I am using the extended desktop to the DVI -> VGA port.

Thanks for your help.

Scott R.

PS. Your guide is great!

·
Registered
452 Posts
From my visual testing I would recommend you use the VGA to the Mitsubishi and the DVI -> VGA to the LCD. There's a big quality drop going through the DVI/VGA adapter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

I will switch it tonight. Do you think that also might be my virtual desktop problem?

Scott R.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I recently switched to Catalyst 3.7, and quickly realized that when playing DVD's at 1280X960 resolution, it casued all sorts of virtual desktop problems and scaling issues in Zoomplayer. When i switched to 720X480, they went away with 3.7. I uninstalled 3.7 and reinstalled 3.4 and the problems with 1280X960 immediately went away. I'm sticking with 3.4...you may want to try them instead of 3.7. Drew

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Using the DVI port is causing your virtual desktop issues. Use the VGA port to your Mits with a breakout cable for the widest range of resolutions, and the DVI>VGA adapter to your touch screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.