AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Revo 3610 and set it up at my house for my parents. I have all the movies loaded on an external drive connected via USB. I have the buffer set in the BIOS for 512mb for buffer size. Using Dharma to get DXVA2 working. I was able to watch the biggest 1080p file animated movie to stress it out and worked great at home on my 42 inch.

I took it to my parents house tonight and hooked it up to their 52 inch and getting big time stuttering on the file as well as just a standard def movies?!?

all connections via HDMI

I tried playing with the desktop resolution and the resolution in xbmc but nothing changed.

The only difference in the setups is that I was running it through my Onkyo 606...does that do its own processing (thought it was just pass through for video)?

Thanks for any input!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I can't offer much help except to say that I have the same box hooked up my 40" Samsung in the bedroom. It works fine. No stumbling - which is more than I can say when I previously used an Extender on this TV. I keep my movies on a separate computer (stored in folder structurer and ripped with AnyDVDHD and CloneDVD2) and use MyMovies and Win7 MC for categorizing and playback. No other codecs or software installed (other than Media Studio and Norton). I didn't have to mess with BIOS settings either.

I just play DVDs - not ready for the hastle of Blu-Ray yet (I'm waiting for ClownBD).

What is purpose of Dharma DXVA2?

I also have the Onkyo receiver (mine's the 705 though). It can upconvert video but not when using the HDMI connection.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its using XBMC Dharma RC1 for the front end and playback. Dharma is the only XBMC release that uses DXVA to offload the video processing to the GPU. I went back over there today and got it working. I had to change the resolution down from 1920x1080 to get it to play seamlessly.

Hope it continues to work cause its a 2 hour drive to their house lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts