AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. How's it going. I am a long time reader and now a member of the forum. I am currently looking to purchase my first HDTV and I am seeking any opinions. I think that I have it narrowed down to a select few.

Samsung HLT6189S

Mits WD65732/831 (not sure if 831 is worth the extra $$)

Sony 60XBR2

Sony Qualia 70" 006 (love the picture, concerns about 1080p inputs, good price)

Watching conditions will be mostly dark with some ambient lighting, with sports and movies being watched the most.

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Schooner - from what I've found on these forums, most people don't like to "tell" you what to get. Now, if you have specific questions about a certain TV, they're more than willing to help you out. An open-ended question like this may get you a ton of different answers just because everyone is different. Most people have not seen all 4 of your tv's side by side enough to do a comparison and give you good advice. My suggestion is to continue figuring out what all you really want in a tv. Do you want true 1080p? HDMI? How many inputs, what type of inputs. Best thing for you to do is figure those things out, then go look at these tv's in person. Ask any sales associates for the remote, play around with the settings (contrast, brightness, etc.) and see which one YOU like best.

Hope this is somewhat helpful for you. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
16,177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD233 /forum/post/0

Schooner - from what I've found on these forums, most people don't like to "tell" you what to get.

That's because nobody can tell the OP which is the best display for him. Everyone has his own preference, DLP vs LCOS -- one is not better than the other. And everybody has his own preference for brand (Samsung vs Mits); again, one is not better than the other. So it just comes down to personal prefernece, and there is no substitute for actually going to see them oneself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.