AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung HLR5087W that I bought about 2 years ago..the problem Im having with this tv set is that whenever you turn on the tv, it would display a still image of white and black pixel but you are still able to hear the noise from whatever program is showing. I try using the remote to change "sources" or "channel" and it seems to blink for a mini second and its back to the still image of white and black pixel.

There is no mechanical noise whenever i turn the set on, as some people have post that whenever there is a noise then it might be the color wheel. well in this case, there is no noise but the picture is still..so can it still the the color wheel thats causing the problem? The lamp is fine, as I recently change it out not too long ago.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Lines and a beehive pattern, if I am seeing the little pics correctly, equals a defective dmd board. Expensive repair unless you have some warranty left. If not, check with Samsung Executive Customer Service, not the first line CS, some people are getting some help with the repair if out of warranty. Depends on the situation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a way to check if the DMD board is fried? and is it possible to replace the DMD board by yourself without going through the expensive repair? I only had this set for 2 years, and it would sucks to have to buy another one this soon.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
As of yet, no one has figured out whether or not the dmd board is fixable by us, at least I haven't seen any repair procedures. It seems it would be, as www.samsungparts.com takes the defective ones in return for a rebate on a new one, and unless it was repairable, they wouldn't. So maybe some engineer has some ideas. I don't know how to check it other than seeing the screen problem and in the service manual it says that is caused by the dmd board.

A guy on the HLR master thread, complained up to Samsung Executive Customer Service and he said they agreed to give him a new tv. Maybe you can too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so its for sure not the color wheel thats causing it, and its a problem with the dmd?..so do you know how he complained to get a new tv..that would be nice to be able to replace this one with a new set.

can you give me the link to that one HLR master thread?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts