AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my display back from the repair shop with a new Digital board. The picture is terrible. The blacks seem to have serious shadows and muddy looking effect as well as everything else in the picture. Its as if there is a slight Andy Warhol effect to the picture. This certainly wasn't a problem before the repair or before the problem of needing a repair. When I play DVDs its not as noticeable as a regular cable signal but its there. How do I adjust this out of the picture? That is, if this is something I can do or is this a pro. calibration issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongisland /forum/post/16925939

Just got my display back from the repair shop with a new Digital board. The picture is terrible...

The shop should have some kind of 30-90 day satisfaction policy, so get them back out to rectify. There are adjustments after installing the Digital, and from what you describe it may be they didn't do them.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
From the Service Manual for HLRs: After replacing the digital board, check/adjust the items listed: S/W version, Index Delay, Actuator Gain, V-Position, H-Position, and CCA. All things in the service menu which the tech should have adjusted and probably didn't.

Instructions are in the service manual on how to do it, but the repair shop should adjust things. Call him back and have him do it. Then the pic should look good again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts