AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you are the one who grabbed it on eBay? This is a good unit and should work well with your Panny TV. Make sure you have a good antenna, preferrably, outdoor that can receive all of the HD channels in your area. Yes, it is a pain not to have the remote. Maybe, some universals can work. Good luck.

------------------

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks bills2k. That was the unit on eBay. Samsung is tracking down a remote for me, but I have not heard from them yet. Is the lack of 720P a problem on this box, or will I just default to 1080i?

I will be getting a good antenna, but now I can get fairly good analog reception with the RS double bowtie. I am experimenting with it to see how small of an antenna I can get away with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am getting a SIR-T100 HDTV Box. It is used, and missing the remote and manual, but is otherwise like new. Two questions:

1. Does anyone have any opinions on this unit? Likes? Dislikes? I will be hooking it up to a Panasonic PT51HX41.

2. What are my options with the remote? I have called a few places listed on the Samsung website, and they had never heard of this model. Are there any universals that work? Is the factory remote essential?

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.