AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a scaler with a 1080i output resolution. There are so many choices it gets a little overwhelming. I need to upconvert S-Video from a cental hub with outputs from a DVD burner, Terapin CDR, and Sony VCR input to it. I will also be sending progessive scan from a Sony DVD changer through it too. CATV would be nice but not a deal breaker. I am not sure if I will be upconverting a HD DirecTV Tivo through it or not (see my other thread). All of it will be going into my Sony HDTV through an HDMI connection. I don't mind going with a DVI to HDMI adapter since I will be using a surround processor and onboard TV sound will not be used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sub $1000- around 500 would be best.

My wife is more than a little upset that I blew a bunch on a TV that looks like it needs glasses. The picture with my DVD player set on 1080i is outstanding, but all others are terrible. Right now I have a DVD changer (progressive scan,no 1080i setting) with component hookups that looks alright,but I believe it can be better.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I just got a Centerstage CS-1 this week for a great price that would fit your budget, but I'm not sure that it allows one to output all signals over DVI. I'm only using the component outputs. Maybe somebody with more experience with the unit could tell us whether the CS-1 can take, say, the S-Video input, process it, and output it over DVI.

Otherwise, I've been pretty please with the unit, but really want to see what it can do for LD.

I hope you find what you need.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think it is the CS-2 that adds the TBC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.