Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am soliciting assistance with the best methodology to accomplish the following:

Interface my Sony Grand Wega with my RCA DTC100 and Sony sat equipmentn order to gain improved images with composite and S-Video sources. I would also like to gain control of the DTC100's output parameters as the Grand Wega does not like the output of teh DTC100 and RCA transcoder.

I am in a quandary as to method.

Would it be better to purchase a scaler, or build an HTPC?

Your input is appreciated.

Sim

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sim Kolliner
Hello,

I am soliciting assistance with the best methodology to accomplish the following:

Interface my Sony Grand Wega with my RCA DTC100 and Sony sat equipmentn order to gain improved images with composite and S-Video sources. I would also like to gain control of the DTC100's output parameters as the Grand Wega does not like the output of teh DTC100 and RCA transcoder.

I am in a quandary as to method.

Would it be better to purchase a scaler, or build an HTPC?

Your input is appreciated.

Sim
Search the HDTV hardware forum. There is a service menu on the DTC100 that adjusted blanking width and H sync position. Note that the RCA transcoder outputs tri-level H sync but bi-level V sync. The Sony may not like that. Only the Key Digital transcoder outputs proper SMPTE 274 sync which is H&V tri-level on all three components.

As for comp video and S-video, I don't see how to improve that. Perhaps a surplus broadcast analog proc amp would allow some adjustmnent of hue, chroma, and black level in teh composite domain. But the basic user controls on the WEGA do the same thing.

If you are having problems with the DTC100 and the WEGA, remember an HTPC is RGBHV output. That will need to be transcoded to YpBpR as well and you will probably have the same problem you have with the DTC100.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Glimmie,

I got into the service menu, but nothing was there concerning blanking or sync timing.

I have ordered a new transcoder from Key Digital. It is supposed to square away the tri-level sync problems.

Regards,

Sim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.