AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally bought a 120” slate grey .8 and had some pretty bad hot spotting, was not happy with the screen. They said my throw distance was to short so they talked me into purchasing the unity screen material as a replacement but I get the same problems. I have talked with them back and forth a bit and they have no real interest in helping, pretty poor customer service from a supposedly premium brand (buyer beware). I still get hot spotting and will post pictures and see if anyone has some idea of the cause, screen or projector. Any ideas on ways to minimize the issue would be great since I’m stuck with the screens. This isn’t didn’t occur on my old silver ticket screen.

The projector is 6050ub epson 950hrs original bulb.
12’ throw from ceiling
The hotspot moves with the viewer not in a static location. Hot spot looks like a mirror reflection.

Blue Purple Rectangle Gadget Entertainment
Rectangle Computer monitor accessory Flat panel display Output device Computer
Rectangle Peripheral Display device Tints and shades Visual effect lighting
Rectangle Orange Wood Art Display device

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Name of company?
Screen Innovations, it’s in the title, not looking to bash them they just don’t have a guarantee of any kind hence buyer beware, your stuck with your purchase no questions asked, no concern for your satisfaction, nothing like typical premium service from a company like SVS. I would recommend a hard pass on SI if someone wanted a screen, that’s all. Would be nice to figure out the issue though, just stuck I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts