AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am nearing the point where I need to order my screen. I have decided on the Seymour Center Stage XD AT to go with my Panny 4000. I was hoping to use a 10' wide 2.35 screen but I don't think I have the height. The room is 14'x30' with an 8' ceiling.

The 2x4 is exactly 10' and the top is at 73.5". My math says that with a 3" border the bottom edge of the screen will only be 16" off the floor. Is this acceptable or should I be installing a narrower screen to get it up higher?

Seating will only be one row.

·
Registered
401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm122 /forum/post/18268281

I am nearing the point where I need to order my screen. I have decided on the Seymour Center Stage XD AT to go with my Panny 4000. I was hoping to use a 10' wide 2.35 screen but I don't think I have the height. The room is 14'x30' with an 8' ceiling.

The 2x4 is exactly 10' and the top is at 73.5". My math says that with a 3" border the bottom edge of the screen will only be 16" off the floor. Is this acceptable or should I be installing a narrower screen to get it up higher?

Seating will only be one row.

With one row seat screen bottom should be approximately between 24" and 36" from the floor

·
Registered
450 Posts
My screen is only 18" from the floor and I haven't found it causes any problems. My ceilings are low and I had to do this to make it work. Even from the back row the screen is very watchable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts